Are you an Automotive Technical Trainer looking for a new challenge? Or an experienced automotive technician wishing to move into training? If the answer is YES, then ProVQ want to hear from you.
At ProVQ, a rare opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic occupational expert from the automotive sector to join the dynamic team supporting the delivery and design of level 3 technical training to the Toyota / Lexus networks’ Technicians of the future.
Applications are welcomed from occupational experts who have the right level of technical expertise, practical skills and knowledge, but have not worked in a training environment before as full training will be given.
This exciting role delivers the crucial components of the Apprentice Technicians’ journeys throughout their programmes of study, from induction to End Point Assessment. The role involves managing and teaching a cohort of apprentices through their Level 3 Light Vehicle Apprenticeship Standard by providing them with the knowledge, skills, behaviours and support required to enable them to successfully achieve a positive outcome. This is achieved through the delivery of interactive, engaging, practical and virtual learning sessions on block release, which results in successful outcomes for apprentices and their employers.
You will be based at Toyota’s purpose-built modern training facility, with access to fully equipped workshops, vehicles, classrooms, showrooms and full restaurant facilities, located within the UK’s only Toyota car manufacturing site at Burnaston, Derby. You will have access to state-of-the-art workshop facilities and innovative training technologies which include virtual classrooms and a green room to support the delivery of interactive, practical learning sessions.
Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 25 days + 8 bank holidays per annum
Salary – £29,000 to £32,000 per annum
- Minimum of L3 Occupational qualifications in Automotive
- English and maths to at least Level 2
- Up to date technical expertise, practical skills and knowledge within an automotive environment.
- Can maintain accurate records and feedback
- Evidence of a personal commitment to continuous professional development and training
- An understanding of Equal Opportunities issues
- Teaching/training qualification (L3 minimum)
- Assessment and Quality Assurance, F Gas or Hybrid qualifications
- Experience of the development of training materials
- Experience of delivering feedback on progress and identifying ways to continually improve
- General understanding of apprenticeship programmes
- An understanding of safeguarding / Prevent / British Values and their importance
- Employee discount scheme and assistance programme for your well-being
- Free on-site parking
- Part uniform supplied, including PPE
- Internal and external training provided for clear career pathways and growth opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Christmas shutdown
- Sick pay
We are committed to safeguarding and the welfare of all learners and expect staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) and will be required to provide proof of the right to work in the UK. We welcome applications from all members of the community regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity