ProVQ is one of the leading providers of Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships in the UK. We are recruiting for a Governor – Quality of Education to join our board of governors at ProVQ Ltd.
Working hours – Maximum of 10 days per annum.
The role of Governor is to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Provide an unrelenting focus on achieving the highest standards, by challenging leaders and senior managers rigorously, holding them to account for all aspects of provision.
- Provide independent scrutiny of the actions of leaders and senior managers, to raise standards and performance.
- Check and verify the accuracy of performance measurement data used by leaders and senior managers to report on all aspects of provision.
- Support leaders and senior managers to address weaknesses in provision swiftly, turning them into strengths.
- Oversee the quality of education provided by the company.
- Ensure that leaders and senior managers have developed the necessary policies and procedures and that the company is operating effectively according to those policies.
- Ensure that company staff have the resources and support they need to do their jobs well.
- Assist in the measurement of board performance to verify impact and effectiveness.
- Support the aims and objectives of company and promote its interests.
- Work co-operatively with other members of the senior leadership team.
- Acknowledge that differences of opinion may arise – majority decision prevails.
- Acknowledge as a governor that you have no legal authority outside board meetings.
- Acknowledge that you have no right to make statements or express opinions on behalf of the Board or members.
- Work to ensure that your knowledge of the company and the environment in which it operates is of a high level.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job or the level or responsibility entailed