This position can either be based in the Nottingham/Derby or Shrewsbury Area.
Working in partnership with ProVQ’s clients and employers you will be responsible for the co-ordination, delivery and assessment of Functional Skills, Scottish Core Skills and Learner Support across the full range of our apprenticeship programmes.
You will use learning materials and digital technologies, with embedded English, Maths and that enhance apprentices’ employability skills and vocational skills with a focus on, raising motivation, improving self-esteem and timely achievement whilst promoting anti-discriminatory practices by:
– Co-ordinating the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Functional Skills, Scottish Core Skills and learner support processes across the organisation.
– Delivering Functional Skills, Scottish Core Skills and Learner Support workshops to groups and individual apprentices across the organisation.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
To co-ordinate and implement ProVQ procedures and appropriate methods of delivery to meet the learning aims of our apprentices enabling apprentices to become more effective in the workplace by;
- Planning, developing and implementing a wide range of teaching and learner centred strategies that support the timely achievement of learners.
- Co-ordinating the effective use of teaching time and other resources.
- Promoting effective, learner-centred, independent learning strategies for apprentices at all levels of ability enabling them to participate and heighten their motivation and self-esteem.
- Working in partnership with the Recruitment/IAG, Training and Admin departments to fully implement the ProVQ referral, induction, initial assessment, review and exit procedures for apprentices, to include specialist additional assessments as required.
- Working in partnership with the Funding Manager to accurately complete ALSN funding documentation, ensuring that all evidence for ALSN funding is 100% audit compliant.
- Completing monthly performance data, as specified by Director of Quality & Quality manager.
- Co-ordinating and undertaking continuous monitoring, reviewing and assessment of apprentices, against their Individual Learning Plan.
- Co-ordinating the development of learning resources and flexible learning strategies to meet the learning aims of apprentices, to include remote support and digital technologies such as the ProVQ App.
- Working with the awarding bodies to ensure that the Functional Skills/ Scottish Core Skills registration, examination, assessment/special assessment arrangements and validation requirements are fully met
- Co-ordinating and ensuring the timely completion of all necessary documentation as required by ProVQ including contractual, quality and audit requirements; e.g. learner records, registers, reports and statistical data.
- Co-ordinating the provision of cover in the absence of other Functional Skills/ Learner Support Service staff.
- Co-ordinating, developing and delivering staff CPD sessions & updates in relation to Functional Skills/Scottish Core Skills and Awarding body requirements.
- To act as a Designated Safeguarding Person.
- Agree own objectives with the Director of Quality.
- To be committed to own development and participate in CPD programmes as required.
- To comply with the ProVQ Health and Safety Policies
- Work to promote, implement and contribute to ProVQ’s Equal and Diversity Policy
- To apply ProVQ Safeguarding Policy and practices
- To support ProVQ in ensuring compliance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- To undertake all other duties as may be reasonably required as requested by ProVQ Directors and Managers
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job or the level or responsibility entailed
We are committed to safeguarding and the welfare of all learners and expect staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) and will be required to provide proof of the right to work in the UK. We welcome applications from all members of the community regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity