Closing date for CVs is 9th May 2019, shortlisting will take place on 15th May 2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 27th, 28th and 29th May 2019.
Normal place of work:
Purpose of job:
The Field Assessor / Development Coach is responsible for all day to day aspects of the Apprenticeship Programme taking place at, or involving, the learner’s place of work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively work to the policies & procedures as set by Mercedes-Benz Apprentice Academy
- Responsible for monitoring all components of learner progress through to achievement of learners
- Complete workplace induction for all new learners as detailed in current procedures
- Complete timely VCQ and Mercedes-Benz assessments and coaching in accordance with Mercedes-Benz programme and the requirements of awarding body(s) if applicable
- Participate fully in the quality assurance activities required by Mercedes-Benz policies including internal and external verification
- Complete and maintain up to date assessment plans and learner documentation
- Complete and maintain up to date portfolios, electronic and paper based.
- Return comprehensive review of learner progress, and other documentation, to your line manager in the agreed timeline
- Maintain learner records for all allocated learners and update reporting details
- Mentor and coach learners as required within the Mercedes-Benz programme and provide pastoral care
- Responsible for delivering and managing all components of learner progress in-line with the Key Learner Process Manual
- Actively promote Equal Opportunities and Diversity in accordance with our policy to ensure that no learner is discriminated against
- Actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on protection of customer sensitive information
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation
- Liaise with employer on learner’s progress, welfare, health and safety, and safeguarding issues (including Prevent)
- Liaise with employer in regard to best practice in promoting a positive learning environment and the role of the workplace mentor
- Actively promote Mercedes-Benz and ProVQ interests during company visits
- Actively promote a safe and clean working environment. Carry out health, safety and welfare checks in learner’s workplace in accordance with Mercedes-Benz policies
- Promote a safe training environment in accordance with current Safeguarding and Prevent requirements and Mercedes-Benz policies
- Participate in the work of the Mercedes-Benz Apprentice Academy through attendance at meetings and forums, contributing to specific development projects and activities to promote the apprentice programme
- To keep up to date with technical and academic knowledge
- Participate in CPD programmes and agree objectives with line manager
- Report to your line manger any driving endorsements or points added to your driving licence.
- Contribute to process of continual improvement
- Promote efficient use of resources with particular emphasis on maximising company vehicle MPG and reducing the detrimental effects of transport on the environment.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job or the level or responsibility entailed.
- A-units or equivalent
- Appropriate level of Motor Vehicle occupational qualification and competence
- Full Driving Licence holder
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification
- Safeguarding courses
- V-Units or equivalent
Limits of authority:
- Not currently a holder of or responsible for any budget.
- No financial authority
- Authority limited to ensuring the progress and welfare of learners
Resources for which the job holder is accountable:
- Training and assessment resources and equipment
- Expenditure: expenses and travel if applicable
- Laptop, Mobile phone
- Company vehicle
- Internal stakeholders
- Internal Quality Assurers
- External stakeholders
- Learner progression to target 95% of learners no more than the previous action plan behind progress
- Timely completion of Assessment and Review documentation
- Assessment practices to meet Awarding Body standards
- Observation of Assessments to meet Ofsted grade 2
- Learner visits 8 weekly visit cycle met
- Other KPI’s as appropriate
We are committed to safeguarding and the welfare of all learners and expect staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) and will be required to provide proof of the right to work in the UK. We welcome applications from all members of the community regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity