ProVQ are recruiting for an Adult Technical Trainer to join the committed team at John Deere’s UK head office in Langar. The main purpose of this role is to develop and deliver training to company and dealer staff and to customers. Training programs are mainly product based technical training but also include some sales training.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and deliver training courses in line with John Deere’s strategic company objectives
- Maintenance and development of training aids, workshop facilities and resources
- Promote efficient use of resources with particular emphasis on reducing the detrimental effects of such resource use on the environment
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation
- Ensure all documentation is completed fully, following all guidelines in accordance with company policy
- Contribute to process of continual improvement
- Participate fully in the quality assurance activities of the approved centre, including internal and external quality assurance/audits
- Actively promote Equality and Diversity in accordance with ProVQ policy to ensure compliance and that no individual is discriminated against
- Actively support company policy and best practice in security, with particular emphasis on protection of customer sensitive information (GDPR legislation)
- Keep up to date with technical and academic knowledge
- Report any driving endorsements or points added to your driving licence
- Maintain personal CPD by attending/completing all training as required
- Maintain personal CPD logs and upload as prescribed
- Be committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of all delegates and staff
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good command of written and spoken English
- Have a good work ethic
- Have the ability to manage time and resources to achieve business goals
- Be confident, competent and self-motivated.
- Be able to deliver sustainable results
- A sound technical background in agricultural and/or turf products and systems such as engines, electronics and hydraulics together with a qualification in engineering, preferably to a degree standard
- Knowledge of the learning and development process, including areas such as instructional and presentational skills, needs assessment, adult learning theory and curriculum development.
- Previous experience in developing and delivering training
- 1-3 years of field experience with regular customer contact and broad product knowledge
- Knowledge of the dealer/distribution network. Experience of working with dealers would be an advantage
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office/365
- A willingness to travel to deliver training at dealer locations and regional events
- Appropriate occupational qualification and level of occupational competence.
- Full Driving License holder
- Teaching qualification (PTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed or NVQ equivalent)
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification
- First Aid at Work Qualification
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job or the level or responsibility entailed.